Lesson 12: Hurricanes
- Identify hurricane features: eye, convective bands, inflow and outflow regions
- Use of microwave data for eye-wall and upper level heating
- Interpret upper level flow patterns that might influence hurricane track
- Learn the Dvorak technique and its application
- Knowledge of basic hurricane climatology (e.g. geographic regions, time of year, dependence on SST)
- Knowledge of basic hurricane features (e.g .eye wall, convective bands, outflow boundaries).
- Knowledge of conditions favorable of tropical cyclone formation.
- Ability to interpret visible, infrared and water vapor imagery from geostationary satellite.
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page
AOS Main Page
Current Madison Weather
CIMSS GOES Gallery