Lesson 13: Global Scale
- Indentify the location of jet streams.
- Identify Troughs and Ridges
- Identify ITCZ
- Transfers knowledge and principles of radiative transfer to satellite imagery
- Knowledge of basic global circulation patterns (the three cell model)
- Knowledge of basic jet streams (subtropical jet and polar front jet)
- Ability to interpret visible, infrared and water vapor imagery from geostationary satellite.
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page
AOS Main Page
Current Madison Weather
CIMSS GOES Gallery