Lesson 4: Infrared Image Interpretation
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of infared satellite image
- Be able to identify basic cloud types in infrared images
- Be able to identify basic storm systems in infrared images
- Demonstrate basic intellectual knowledge necessary to interpret satellite observations.
- Transfers knowledge and principles of radiative transfer to satellite imagery
- Understanding of the RTE applicable to infrared spectral region.
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page